- Classification (10 posts)
- Fossils (3)
- Evolution in Action (9)
- Evolution of Behavior/Evolutionary Psychology (12)
- Evo-Devo (3)
- Evolutionary Theory (6)
- Molecular Evolution/Genetics (7)
- History of Evolutionary Biology (5)
- Evolution vs Religion (3)
- Evolutionary Humor (3)
And so, from the winning category, here is Zen Faulkes of NeuroDojo:
We know what Bruce Wayne picked as a “creature of the night”: a bat.
But why are bats so strongly nocturnal? Why don’t we see bats out flying around in the daytime (besides a few out on remote islands)? After all, most people can quickly think of one line of birds that is largely nocturnal.
If a bird had flown through Bruce Wayne’s window, we might have had a very different character in stately Wayne Manor.